Saturday, April 6, 2013

The beginning

Ryan and I when I was still skinny
 Ok, So I am new at this whole blogging world. But I've been trying for months to think of ways to keep me motivated when it comes to my diet and weight loss plan. I am not much of a writer (and my spelling and grammar are HORRIBLE) so bear with me! 

 In High School I used to think I was fat. I weighed 135. I look back now (as I am sure a lot of women do) and think... "If only I could be that skinny again!".  6 Years and 2 kids later I weigh 187lbs.   My heaviest weight EVER was 9 months pregnant with my 2nd child (my son) and I was 192lbs. It is really hard for me to look at my weight now and realize that I weigh almost as much as I did when I was 9 months pregnant. 

  My hope for writing this blog is that through my readers, the comments and encouragement from all of you will help me stay motivated. I will have someone expecting a weekly update and I will have to remember that when I want to gorge on a yummy Papa Johns Pizza& Bread sticks (my favorite fat food!) 


My plan

  •  I will weigh my self every Monday.
  •  I will be measuring my arms, legs,waist, chest.  
  •  I will be eating better and LESS.
  •  I will be counting and cutting my calories. 
  •  I will be working out at LEAST 3 times a week


 I really struggle with loving myself because I am overweight. I am very disappointed in myself.  I wonder how my husband could find me even a LITTLE attractive let alone attractive enough to still tell me how pretty and sexy I am to him. How could he? 
Mommy and Brooke

 Not only do I want to lose weight... But I am hoping to learn to love myself regardless of what the scale or tape measure says. I want to teach my kids that they should love themselves no matter what. How can I teach my kids that if i am not loving myself? I can't! 


 So... Starting Monday I will be starting my diet and weighing myself for the start of my journey. Every Monday I will be posting updates. I plan to post pictures along the way as well. This is super hard for me...putting myself and my personal feelings out there like this. But it's something I need to do. Please leave lots of encouraging comments and any helpful tips you may have. 

Goal weight : 135 lbs

2 comments:

  1. You know I love you no matter how much you weigh, but I am proud of you for taking control like this. I can only imagine how hard it will be for you, but I am here for you through every inch, pound, setback (although I hope that there will be none), and success! Call, text, anything anytime you need or want someone; I am always here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! i love you!!!! I miss you like crazy. It sucks having my best friend all the way across the country!!!

      Delete